Shipping Weight: 15 pounds
Perfect for use in the home or at the office. Contents stored easily in corrugated box – easy to take with you should a pandemic occur.
1 Diamode Tablets (100/bx)
1 Large Nitrile Gloves (100/bx)
1 N95 Particulate Masks (20/bx)
1 Face w/Ear Loop Masks (50/bx)
1 APAP 2/pk (250/box)
1 PAWS Towelettes (100/box)
1 SOS Wipes (80/container)
1 Digital Thermometer
1 Thermometer Probe Covers (50/box)
12 Tissue Packettes (12/pk)
What is an influenza (flu) pandemic?
It is a worldwide outbreak of flu disease that occurs when a new type of influenza virus appears that people have not been exposed to before, or have not been exposed to in a long time. Pandemics are different from seasonal flu outbreaks.
It is anticipated that the influenza pandemic will last much longer then most flu outbreaks and may include influenza activity that will last several weeks.
What does a Pandemic Flu outbreak mean?
– Symptoms similar to the common flu but may be more severe and complications more serious.
– Healthy adults may be at increased risk for serious complications.
– Potential to lead to high levels of illness, death, social disruption and economic loss.
Everyday life could be disrupted because so many people in so many places become seriously ill at the same time.
Prevention and Treatment:
– Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze – throw the tissue away immediately after you use it.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough – throw the tissue away immediatley after you use it.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
– If you get the flu, stay home from work, school or social gatherings.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs often spread this way.